I am an associate professor of Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science at POSTECH, and a faculty member of POSTECH Computer Vision Lab. I did a post-doc with Dr. Ivan Laptev and Prof. Jean Ponce in the WILLOW team at the Department of Computer Science of the École Normale Supérieure and Inria Paris. I completed my BS and PhD at POSTECH where I worked with Prof. Joon Hee Han and Prof. Bohyung Han.
My research lies in computer vision and machine learning. I am particularly interested in developing vision models that perform well even in uncontrolled environments in the real world. To this end, my recent work has focused on open-set/domain recognition, robustness against adverse conditions, and learning with limited/noisy labels or biased data.
Three papers are accepted in WACV 2024.
Two papers are accepted in NeurIPS 2023. Three papers are accepted in ICCV 2023. A paper on test-time adaptation is accepted in ICML 2023. Three papers (including one highlight) are accepted in CVPR 2023. A paper on domain generalization is accepted in ICRA 2023.
We won the KCCV Sang-Uk Lee Prize at KCCV 2023. Sungyeon won the Google PhD Fellowship. Sohyun won the excellence award at the 3rd POSTECH Research Performance Contest. Sehyun, Sohyun, and Dongwon won the POSTECHIAN Fellowship. Eight papers of our team won BK21 Best Paper Awards (including one grand prize) from POSTECH CSE and GSAI.
A paper on few-shot metric learning is accepted in ACCV 2022. A paper on learning debiased classifiers is accepted in NeurIPS 2022. Two papers on domain adaptation and generalization are accepted in ECCV 2022. A paper on weakly supervised learning is accepted in IJCV. Eight papers (including one best paper finalist) are accepted in CVPR 2022.
Our paper on foggy scene segmentation was nominated as a best paper finalist in CVPR 2022. Five papers of our team won the Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship 2022. Namyup won the NAVER Ph.D Fellowship. Namyup and Jungwoo won the POSTECHIAN Fellowship. Sehyun, Sohyun, and Sungyeon won the gold prize at IPIU 2022.
Our proposal (as the PI) is awarded the prestigious Samsung Science and Technology Foundation research grant.
Selected Recent Publications
Activity Grammars for Temporal Action Segmentation
Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), 2023
Editorial Board Member
- International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), 2021 ~ present
Area Chair / Senior Program Committee
- IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2022, 2023, 2024
- IEEE/CVF International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 2019, 2021, 2023
- European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), 2024
- Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), 2023
- AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2024
- IEEE/CVF Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), 2023, 2024
- Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV), 2022
- International Conference on Machine Vision Applications (MVA), 2021, 2023